• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Overclocking question on the EVGA 790i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

Specs of my pc
EVGA 790i mobo
2x2GB 1600mhz ddr3 g-skill 7-7-7-18
BFG GTX280
Q6600 CPU
950W Rosewill PSU

I just put together my new computer and got it up and running smoothly, i chose a evga 790i for the motherboard and i am having some problems overclocking the cpu. I was able to adjust my memory timings and voltage no problem, but when it comes to adjusting the mhz on my cpu im stuck.

This is a screenshot of the bios ( this isnt my pc, but it is the same bios just for reference )
http://www.overclock.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=69345&d=1206834402

The problem is that the multiplier will only let me choose between 6,7,8 or 9, and 9 is 2400mhz on the q6600. (which is the factory clock).

I really don't know if something isn't working right or if I just don't know exactly what i am doing. Any help would be appreciated.

Set FSB mode to linked or unlinked.Then you can adjust the FSB and the rams dividers..And the Q6600 only lets you adjust 6/7/8/9 multis no higher or lower.Its not 100% unlocked like the extremes.

Last edited:
Back