• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Extreme Heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

Ok, I am in need of some info from any of the rampage extremem owners out there that is running air cool...

I was planning on using the TRUE 120 on the extreme...comes to find out the TRUE 120 can not fit without modding it...I do not want to mod the TRUE...would rather sell it and replace it with a good heatsink that fits right...

Would the Swiftech MCX-VPro Universal heatsink fit correctly?

If not, then please list the HS(s) that you have found to work without modding on the extreme.

Thanks,

Been doing some more checking around... came across a review site that was using the Scythe Orochi CPU Cooler

Don't really trust review sites much when it comes to HS reviews...would rather find out from people actually using one daily...

My only question on this HS is how well it performs under heavy OC loads...so if you are using or have used this HS please post any comments you might have on it...

Attachments

• xoxide_2013_47849201.jpg
    xoxide_2013_47849201.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 351
heard some good things about some of the scythes and some bad things about others. Ninja is pretty decent cooler, not sure if it'll fit or not, another choice is the Cooler Master Geminii cools pretty well, just arkward to change ram do to the size.

I had thought about the Geminii a few months back...too big for what I need...plus doesnt cool as well as it should for its design...

overclock3 rampage extreme review is where I happen across the scythe...think I might give it a try...looks to be just right when used with the taller mosfet heatsink thats included with the MB...

TRUE or Tuniq +1

Please read the begining of the thread...I have a TRUE 120 now that wont fit unless modified to fit...which I do not want to do ;)...

Ok, just covering my bases here, since I am about to build a rig that might use the rampage Extreme... the 120 that you speak of, is it the Thermalright Ultra-120??

nice this exact same setup i have
one question if im not gonna watercool should i take off the watercool block on the NB?

Back