• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem with Asus Maximus Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saxile

My Formula is Rampage flashed and was working perfectly up until yesterday when I rebooted my system, it wouldn't post. I've had slight problems since the get-go with it due to my ram requiring 2.3 to boot at it's highest settings and the mobo always defaults to 1.8v :screwy: so I have to jump start it with another stick then swap to run my ram. But after that reboot it will not post past 2.24 in bios, any higher and I get get a boot block screen and it wants to flash my bios, I have tried to reflash and all with no luck :bang head. This is the first problem like this I have ever encountered so I'm kinda clueless, also this is the first mobo this ram won't boot with out setting the volts in the bios before I can put it in.

very strange, the only thing I can think of is maybe another PS or RMA. It may be a bad BIOS.

Have you tried removing all the extra stuff attached to it and clearing the CMOS then checking to see if it will boot correctly?

Try relaxing memory timings, to recommended ones by manufacture. Increase norhtbridge voltage. Run memory through memtest86 test 5 for about 3 hours.

I've tried all of that, three different sticks of ram, anything above 2.24v is that bootblock message, just started it out of no where. Only thing I can think of is the memory voltage regulators are going bad, have tried numerous different bios flashes with same results.

not yet, think I'll just say the hell with it and stick some lower voltage ram in the system. Hard to beat 5-4-4-4 @ 1066 tho.

could still pull that easily as 2.24 is my max, gonna just stick my patriots in my wife's rig along with my phenom course for some odd reason the max I can get em to run on that board is 910ish when they're 1066 sticks 790fx and phenom's just hard to work with tho. Oddly enough tho, I get better graphic benchs with that system with 1.3 less ghz than with my q6600

Back