• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking locked D845WN board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tetrax

Registered
Well I have an old computer that has been sitting around so I wanted to make some use out of it. Currently, it has a nice little PF 2.0GHz CPU in there. I was going to upgrade the CPU Heatsink and achieve a good 2.4GHz clock. But, I know, due to my board the FSB is locked and I cannot overclock with the current BIOS. Could someone tell me if I could alternatively flash maybe a different mobo brand BIOS onto it? What would I need to specify in my current mobo to find the right BIOS to take from another?

And no, softFSB and messing around with the jumpers (http://www.geocities.com/enigmadeadsouls/overclocking/ics950201/950201.html) as I am giving this one shot and working with just what I have and don't want to damage anything due to a Frankenstein experiment.

Back