• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 Proto Board; GigaByte x58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightelph

TGDaiy

gigabyte_i7_00.jpg
gigabyte_i7_02.jpg

6 RAM slots? What's the MAX RAM on this baby? I want to see 64 & 128G. How long will it be before we see 1TB RAM chips? :beer:

This board supports 24gb, read the article.

The dell workstations I maintain support 32gb...

6 RAM slots? What's the MAX RAM on this baby? I want to see 64 & 128G. How long will it be before we see 1TB RAM chips? :beer:

Whenever the technology gets there and consumer affords it. DDR3 isn't exactly cheap compared to DDR2 and larger memory modules like 4gb.

this has to be the worst of the currently shown x58 boards IMHO the pci-e layout could almost not be worse, the ide cable could be better placed, and the SATA layout is strange. Not to mention gigabytes usual rainbow sherbert clown puke color style.

This board supports 24gb, read the article.

Figured as much. In all seriousness, what is holding chip manufacturers back? Just pure cost? Prolly wrong place for this post.

Anyways the Sherbert x58/i7 looks good, 10 SATA ports, sheesh never thought I would need more than 6. :D

Figured as much. In all seriousness, what is holding chip manufacturers back? Just pure cost? Prolly wrong place for this post.

Anyways the Sherbert x58/i7 looks good, 10 SATA ports, sheesh never thought I would need more than 6. :D

it would be a chipset limitation...

it has 6 PCIe slots - you know the folding you could do on that board!

and how is the layout bad?

you can have 4 single slot cooled cards or 2 dual clots cooled cards.. AND you can still use your 1x slots in stead of the often 16x slots blocking the 8x or less with a dual slot cooler card...

colors suck, but it looks like an awsome board - dont forget this would be nahlem so it has 6 slots for ram for TRI-DDR

Like some one else said when i was asking about a gigibyte board.

it looks like someone puked up legos and then made a board out of it

why they have pci 4 on that board, beats me, who is gonna buy that and not get newest gpu's??

this has to be the worst of the currently shown x58 boards IMHO the pci-e layout could almost not be worse, the ide cable could be better placed, and the SATA layout is strange. Not to mention gigabytes usual rainbow sherbert clown puke color style.

+100000000000000, ugliest board I've ever seen in my life!

All I can say is man are those boards going to be cramped.

something i don't get is this...

The board can support up to 24 GB DDR3-1333, or 6 GB of DDR3-1900/2000 memory (using overclocked 2 GB DIMMs). Thanks to the 2-Phase regulation, there should be enough juice to hold future 4 GB DDR3-1333 modules.

why the difference in amount on the same board just because of the speed?

that asus is pretty nice. the giga with its eclectic blend of colours as seen in the early 90s, reminds of me of booze, pills, and vomit.

Back