• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc100 on pc33 comp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smoothshady

Registered
My new mobo and proc. arrived today, but my ram wont arrive for a while. Is it safe to use pc100 even though the board takes pc133? thanx, I cant wait to get started!

I've got generic pc100 running at 124 with fast timings in my K6-2. If yours won't run 133 with fast timings just lower them, you should be ok then.

most pc100 and pc133 is backwards compatible. so if your board only runs pc100 then a pc133 will only run at pc100 under normal conditions...and if your board supports pc133 then a stick of pc100 will run at pc100 again under normal conditions. But I don't know why you would have any big problems other than a cut in speed. :D

I tried the pc100 ram in the pc133 slot and powered up the system for the first time. The fans were spinning and the device lights came on, but nothing appeared on screen. I hope this is from incompatable ram, or do u think i messed up something else?
Also when i start it up after the first beep it makes 7 others, whats that?

Last edited:
smoothshady said:

Also when i start it up after the first beep it makes 7 others, whats that?

You need to get out your manual for your motherboard and look for what the 7 beeps mean.

also try posting in the motherboard topic that is appropiate, maybe someone else has had the same problem.

thanx guys, i feel stupid. The AGP card wasnt seated peoperly, it required a lot of force.

Back