• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong with my power supply???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dj Matrix

Registered
I don't understand. i recently got a new enermax power supply(350w) and i check it with MBM5, and da 5v+ is still under 5. its stable at 4.98v but my friends said it should be above 5v because its a new power supply. Please Help...ASAP

Post edited by Moderator:

Please watch the language in here.

Newbie_Doo

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums.

Watch the language, please.

Please give us some more information on the type of system you're using.

For the record, Enermax are plagued with providing low 5V rails to many current AMD motherboards. Whoever decided to deem them as the best PSU manufacturer was obviously on crack.

4.98v is, in my opinion, very good. Two of my AMD systems hover around 4.7V, so consider yourself lucky.

So thats y...thx

OIC...i didn't know that...well here iz my comp spec:

AMD 1ghz(100)
Abit kt7 (200 FSB)
512 SDram
Ati radeon ve
sb live value

Well, I wouldn't think you're going to have any problems with a 4.98V 5V rail. I would kill for that, but I don't have any problems so it really doesn't matter.

The only time you need to worry about your rail voltages being low is if you're having random reboots or problems starting up from soft restarts. If you're not having any of these symptoms, you'll be fine.

Enermax are just known to provide low 5V on alot of boards. Not really sure where the fault lies as mine are both Antecs and give low readings as well.

That power supply should serve you well regardless.

As far as the rules go, we understand as it's your first time and we tend to relax in those situations. It would be a good idea to go to your first post and click the "Edit" button and remove that which is not allowed in these forums.

Welcome once again and hope to see you around for time to come!

Back