• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTLREF1/2 and CPUvtt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albyno

got my new mobo. one in sig. how do i optimise these settings for a qx6700? ive never used them before as my 965P never had them.

i think for GTLREF1 i have +3%,Normal,-3%,-6% and AUTO.

again i think GTLREF2 has AUTO,-3%,-6%,Normal.

as for CPUVtt didnt have time to look for it last night.

there is also some sort of loadline thing. of use to me?

well since the %'s are not the same stick with normal at first. i would prolly start with a cpuvtt around 1.25 for starters, then go from there.

we dont want to lower GTL's when ocing quads we want to raise them. since the max is 3% its better imo to just leave them at normal.

ok still havent done a P95 test yet as it will destroy the chip under my unlapped TRUE so waiting for water cooling for that.

but so far its running 333x10 at 1.4375 (1.3xxx windows) and no problems after encoding 3 movies last night.

have set the GTLs to Normal. is Vtt the northbridge/FSB? i cant find that setting in my bios.

vtt is fsb. load line calibration helps to reduce the comps vdroop (loss of volts under load) so you may have to disable at first when oc'n but definitely want to turn it on once you get things stable.

Have a look at this:
http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/12926-post19.html

It has the stock voltages for my board, I assume they will be the same for yours since it's a GigabyteX48.
Stock FSB Overvoltage = 1.10v. So you would be at 1.3v.

Once I get up to 3.8GHz on my Q66 I find that +3% on GTLREF1 and Normal on GTLREF2 gives me the best results wrt stability.

I find when I'm OC'd past that point, Enabling LLC tends to push my voltage way over what is set in BIOS so I leave it off. In the pic below my BIOS Vcore was set to 1.65v with LLC enabled.
445x940ghzloadef2.png

OUCH!!!!! WTF?

With LLC enabled, at idle Vdroop is only .02v, which is the norm in the upper voltage ranges for this board apparently.
445x940ghzidleps4.png

Oddly, results at idle at this voltage are the same whether LLC is enabled or not, so I leave it off since it stresses the PWM's.

Last edited:
oh cool that explains why when i tried 1.5 volt and loaded at 100% it jumped up to 1.53 instead of down. so turn LLC off set GTLREF1 to +3 and 2 to normal and aim for the sky.

will check back later tonight with a restul hopefully not still 3.4

how did that happen Neur0?

I was not paying close attention and did nto notice that the second GTL REF is normally at 63% not 67%

So i upped them both to 71% :bang head

Chip died a few days later.

At least I am guessing that is what it was.

Back