• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

it wont turn on!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
my computer wont turn on when i hit the power button, and i know its all plugged in and such, so thats not the prob, and i just got a brand new power supply, and it has worked for a while...whats wrong?

ClaytonComp said:
If your power supply is atx did you connect to Power switch from your case to the mobo

Exactly what I was thinking.

It should be a little wire running from the front of your case to a plug on your mobo. (check your manual)

:D

Well, this is something stupid that I did when I was building my computer. I had hooked everything else up right, including the power switch, and pressed power...nothing. It took me about 5 minutes before I realized that the PSU had a power switch too. Once I turned on the power supply, my machine came to life. :)

ok..make sure the "red" voltage switch is in the correct posistion...(on the PSU)..when I got mine it was in the 230 posistion and it wont turn on when plugged into a 110 plug.....and make sure the power switch cord end is on the right "jumpers" on the board..remember there is a positive and negative side...if I remember correct...

Is this with the same case you had problems with before?
Did you get a new (or another) power switch?
You could swap the power switch with the reset switch, or just cut the wires from the power button and put the bare wires together for a short period (less than a second, longer won't hurt but depending on how you've set the power savings it might go into sleep mode).

i know the psu isnt dead, and yes, my motherboard is jacked in the butt.....it fried....they think i have a bad southbridge and that is why my usb never got working, and it eventually just shorted itself out...or something like that...im thinking about trying to pay them a little extra and getting the pro-2 Ru....i want the new chipset....but anyway....a new board is good enough for me...as long as i dont have to pay alot

well here is the deal, i have been calling both msi and the company i bought i from for a couple days, and i have yet to talk to either of them....msi makes me wait and listen to the crappy music, and the other company doesnt even pick up their phone! this really ****es me off.....hopefully i get a new board within the DECADE

Back