• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting ready for war

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

The OC Forum war that is...

I just placed my order a few hours ago from newegg...hopefully if all goes well...everything should be here tomorrow...for 16.-- more I went overnight...but figure if they dont get it shipped today..call them and have them take the overnight shipping off...

ANYWAYS:

So far this is what I have ordered:

Order #:87497151

1 ASUS Rampage Extreme LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - $389.99

1. G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-2GBHZ - $147.99

1 Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler $49.99

Subtotal $587.97
Tax $0.00
UPS Next Day saver $41.00
Order Total $628.97

I bought a set of OCZ from Todd...those should be shipped tomorrow along with the other 3870 X2...

So all in all...the war machine will be using:

Rampage Extreme
2x1GB D9 DDR3 (Skills & OCZ)
E3110 (this is still being debated on)
2x Sapphire 3870 X2's
1000w Teamseven PSU...

I did forget to put the WD 1TB HDD w/32mb cache on the order...that will have to be ordered tomorrow...this should take out my HDD bottleneck...

Have not dec. if I want to run the 3110 or take a chance and use a quad (not fully knowing if this board can fully get past the X48 chipset quad issue)

Also debating on getting a small CPU WC kti with a 248w pelt...(actually is 248w enough for the 3110 or quad?)

If anyone else has any comments to add...please do...I/We want OCF to stay on top of the OC Wars again and I am sure as hell going to do my part plus some if needed :attn:

(Yes I will have pics and some minor benchies when I have the full war machine running...but dont expect anything major right away...I am waiting to use the big guns in the contest...dont want other "infadels" getting a peak on the WCD's (weapons of CPU destruction) OCF has in store for them :santa: )

Ty Dap and Neb.

Status: Shipped - Your order has shipped. You may view your tracking information by clicking the applicable Order Number above. However, your tracking number may not appear immediately as the shipping couriers update only periodically. Your tracking number(s) will also be sent via e-mail to your Newegg.com login.

I will definetly be having some fun this weekend...known UPS wont be here until around 6pm tomorrow...but that still gives me pleanty of time this weekend to play around and get it nice and ready :D...

Will post some pics and some small benchies later this weekend...but remind you...this wont be on the quad system...the other X2 wont be shipped until tomorrow...neither will the OCZ's from Todd...

Thanks every1

Well got the war machine up and going right now...this board is definetly not for the new OCers or even most average OCers...I havent even stratch the surface yet and my head is already swimming from all of the options :beer:

Didnt get any pics of it out of the box...wasnt too happy when I seen the jolly brown turd man literly threw the box at the door step and walk off...went out to go get it and the top had popped open slightly from him throwing it down...

Inspect the box and open it up and low and behold...the MB is on the bottom with the Tuniq Tower sitting on top of it with no protection...lucky enough the only damage was the top 3 fins on the left side was bent on the tower...

Next time I am spending the extra 10.00 or so for the men in white to grace my door step...

Right now just running pretty much stock...only had it up and going for an hour and half or so...

I did do a few things no one else has so far...I did replace the water block with the heatsink and good thing I did...less then a dime area of thermal paste...quick AS5 solved that ;)...I also replaced the mosfet cooler with the larger one they supply...will try to get some pics up later this weekend...

Cooling has been excellent on it...much better then the formula...

Will post some memory benchies later...might try for a 06 run later and see if I can get over 22k...not expecting it right now...but will be fun trying :D...

Heres a very small memory bandwidth tease...Glad I didnt listen to the DDR3 haters :D...

Attachments

• Extreme.jpg
    Extreme.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 148
Heres one more at 2000Mhz...dont know how these timings are...please comment on them...personally not really too sure on what settings to do right now ;)...

And I am sorry to say...but DDR2 cant touch DDR3...no way could my ballistixs ever get that high in bandwidth even running at 1350 (max I could run them at)...

Attachments

• Extreme2.jpg
    Extreme2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 135
makes me wanna join but i fear i dont have the experience to properly tune my machine to put out any good benches. grrrr if only i had more time off of work.... now come on get some pics of that machine up! :D

Pics will be up sometime tomorrow afternoon or night...

With the other X2...I should be able to get into the high 23's...low 24's

Still debating on a 8600 or possible quad...dont think 4.5Ghz is going to be cutting it too well in the forum wars...

Back