• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Is The Best P45 Chipset Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another vote for the P5Q-Deluxe especially if you are going to use the Quad in your sig. I picked up the Biostar that everybody is raving about but sent it back after 2 days. I can get higher o/c's at less voltage on the Deluxe. I have also been playing around this week with my old Q6600. The chip can clock over 200 mhz higher on this board than I ever saw on an IP35-Pro. Right now it is at 3600 at only 1.35vCore Prime and OCCT stable. On the Abit I did run it at 3600 but at 1.4375 vCore and it was never overnight Prime or OCCT stable, although it always was stable enough for what I needed.

i have the biostar i45. its only $150 so you could you use the extra 120 on what have you. i am running a q9400 at 4.0ghz on it stable(well just about) and cool. of course i have heard nothing but good things about the deluxe as well. good luck and let us know which direction you take.

currently in the cheap range the biostar I45 and DFI boards are good, the DFI boards were horrible clockers when they came out but that has been fixed now, and if you are willing to spend more asus makes some great boards that have already been mentioned.

If you are planning on pushing that quad to the max you should skip the DFI and Biostar boards though

Back