• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goodbye Abit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kind of sad to hear. I have had nothing but good experiences so far with my IP35 pro (aside from the strange monster truck splash screen, but you can disable that). It is good to know that they will continue support for 3 years, even with no new products.

Yeah I really like my abit IP35 PRO too. They said it was 'unprofitable' to be in the high end motherboard market, I wish I knew more about that but oh well.

It seems that foxconn is starting to apply presure in the mobo market by joining the croud of good high end mobo makers. There is just to much competition, as far as ABIT reckons, in the mobo market right now to make enough profit. I think that they even went as far to say that DFI and Biostar might not make it if foxconn continues to ramp up production and Asus remains dominate.

Basically Asus has always been the top dog in recent memory (around 40% market share) and the other mobo makers have been fighting over the rest of the market each with a share under 10%. With foxconn bringing the heat, mind you foxconn is a HUGE company unlike a company like DFI, the smaller dogs cant sustain their deminishing buisness.

Back