• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drum blower to cool down ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCTroll

Registered
Is it a good idea? I found one real good one, blowing like crazy and is having same lenght as ram sticks. I mean the area where it is blowing. Actually it is a bit longer. Sweet thing:D

If you are using more than 2.9v for the memory voltage it would be good to have some sort of a fan if you don't have good airflow around the memory now.

PCTroll said:
Is it a good idea? I found one real good one, blowing like crazy and is having same lenght as ram sticks. I mean the area where it is blowing. Actually it is a bit longer. Sweet thing:D

If you really want to use it, and just happen to have it lying around, that's fine, but many members here view active RAM cooling as ridiculous (even if it looks cool).
As long as you've got the power, it won't hurt anything, but I'd be surprised if you saw any difference.

Ah ah. So, silly idea? No use from this coming?:( I were hoping to turn my memory benchmarks to new heights. OK as my modding is in work then I will install it. Maybe if not for use it right now then for future.

So decided. Drum blower will go in. The PSU will handle it w/o any problems. Maybe it is a bit lol question but does ram cooling will help anything in fsb???

Back