• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

790i Ultra Bios Setting Question with link to pic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chewbears

Registered
What is PCIe x16_1 & x16_2, MHZ do?

As well as SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, MHZ?

I ask because I have mine set to 100 100 and 200 bc in some old OC guide I read that if left on auto they will burn your gfx card. However I have now found myself oc'in my gfx card and was wondering if modifying these setting will provide me with high and more stable clocks on my gfx card.

Thanks

Picture of my bios is on this page

I have the 790i ULtra

1) Sets the clock speed on your PCIe bus (slots). Typically used for graphics card(s).
2) Relative speed ratio (produces a multiplier) between Southbridge and Northbridge chips.

I haven't heard of a problem but setting them to the default values, as you have, certainly won't hurt anything. :beer:

would increase either these values greater then 100 increase my ability to overclock the gfx gpu?

Will increasing this number greater then 100 or 200 allow me to achieve better clocks on my gfx card?

I'm not much of a graphics card overclocking person but most of us tend to leave the PCI and PCIe bus speeds alone. My guess is that you would be better overclocking the GPU itself. Ask your question in the video forum, more knowledgeable folks there. :beer:

Back