• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking an intel dx48bt2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dobby22

i just started working on my new build last night, here is what i've got...

intel dx48bt2 board
e8400
4gb (2x2gb) mushkin ddr3 1600mhz
sapphire radeon 4870x2
tagan bz series 1300w psu

now here is the problem... the board reads my memory at 1066mhz... i placed the two sticks of ram in the black slots like intel said you needed to do for the 1600mhz ram... i also updated the bios to the latest revision... im sure there is some kind of overclocking i need to do to get the most out of my ram, but i was hoping someone had some experience in o/c'ing this board... did a search but didnt come up with anything on here... if anyone could help with this matter it would be greatly appreciated... i can also try to provide any other info that you may need... thank you

i guess if i had researched this a little before hand i wouldn't have needed to post... turns out i loaded a xmp memory profile in the bios and bumped the fsb to 400mhz and so far all looks good... keeping fingers crossed...

Back