• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing EVGA 780i SLI???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
just got the board and trying to do a clean installation of Vista 32bits. however, I'm running into a few problem???!!!!

first, in task manager, it ONLY see 1 processor instead of 4??!!

second, under device manager, it shows ! on PCI Express Standard Root Port?? what's that?? already installed thelatest driver from nvidia.

third, which I think it's related to #2 problem, I can't install the video card driver (latest driver, 8800GT). it said the driver doesn't support the video card that I have....

I've tried a couple clean installation, tried CD driver, tried latest nvidia driver, and make sure in BIOS, it does enable all 4 cores.....

this board is starting to driving me nutz....... :bang head

p.s. this is the first time ever I've tried non Intel chipset board.... which might very well be last......

thanks guys!!!

ok, I even updated the latest BIOS from EVGA, still no go....

checked again, under Device Manager, it does show 4 processors under processor. but in Task Manager, it only show one?! and that PCI Express Standard Root Port error, I really have no idea...????

:confused:

:scratches head: you're making me NOT want to install Vista on my 780i... however, I'll be going x64, so maybe I'll be OK. :)

have you tried installing xp to see if the same issue?

this might be dumb to ask/suggest... deep clear on the cmos then load failsafe defualts...

vista sp1 fix it? after that im out of ideas sorry LS... thats just ODD!

Back