• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability testing using IntelBurnTest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

IntelBurnTest is a new stability test that can be used. It has been noted by several folks here at Overclockers Forums but not in a specific thread. My only purpose of posting separately is to draw more direct attention to it.

CAUTION: Beware, execution on this test will increase your max temperature ~20C above your ideal. Thus, the max temperature can be significantly above what you may have previously seen with other tests such as Prime95. Usless you have the needed head room for your CPU's temperature your motherboard may trigger a shutdown or your CPU may die.

ALSO: Be prepared to change your definition of what is stabile. Settings you previously thought were stable may not be and could require more tweaking. The test is much quicker that previous hours of testing with Prime95. Read the info provided with the test, it is very useful! :beer:

Last edited:
I recently started to use it and found it to be very effective and it sure does raise your load temps! I agree one should be cautious with this test especially with higher voltage overclocks...the burn in the name is appropriate.

Yeah I've used it for a little while now it definitely raises your temps fast.

Been running it for awhile here, does not seem to get my system much hotter/shrug.

Larry

Been running it for awhile here, does not seem to get my system much hotter/shrug.

Mine go up ~20C from unloaded when running it. Folding increases them ~5C.

Interestingly using 32bit WinXP I can't pass the max test, the 1/2 test passes. Using WinX64 and using max, it passes fine. Wonder if it the 8G memory hanging on a 32bit system that causes a problem? Anyway else running both systems?

Mine go up ~20C from unloaded when running it. Folding increases them ~5C.

Interestingly using 32bit WinXP I can't pass the max test, the 1/2 test passes. Using WinX64 and using max, it passes fine. Wonder if it the 8G memory hanging on a 32bit system that causes a problem? Anyway else running both systems?

I'm running XP 32bit here, Max test won't run at all, I can go up to 1750 and run it with no problems tho. OS limitation I would think. In 32bit, do you have the Memory Remap Enabled or Disabled?

According to either coretemp or realtemp, my temps only go up about 2c versus other stress tests here.

Larry

I figured it was the 32bit OS, particularly when 64bit ran fine using ~7.2G of the available memory. I don't remember how I have remap set, I'll have to look.

I'm using the last version of RealTemp. The latest versions of CoreTemp and RealTemp now produce the same answer.

You just have an awesome cooling system!

I figured it was the 32bit OS, particularly when 64bit ran fine using ~7.2G of the available memory. I don't remember how I have remap set, I'll have to look.

I'm using the last version of RealTemp. The latest versions of CoreTemp and RealTemp now produce the same answer.

You just have an awesome cooling system!

Thank you :) I cool my water/anti mix with a dehumidifier and keep my temps of the mix at about 54f now. I can run lower by a few degrees without insulating but don't seem to need to with this cpu. Only have the cpu/gpu in the loop right now tho. I run the Iwaki and have my rez with about 7 gallons in it 2 rooms away :D Nice and quiet in here that way, and not as warm either.

Larry

Back