• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Curious : What's the best looking Motherboard for LGA775?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrTurd Ferguson

Just curious as to what your opinion is on what looks the best right now? There are so many to pick from it's hard to choose, so I thought I just ask others opinions. And no, I'm not picking my mobo by how it looks...but that is a good starting point...

I love black mobos. The blacker they get the better they look IMHO

Baised on that I like the 780i and 790i mobos the best looks wise right now even though I would never buy one personally. As for intel chipsets I think DFI makes the best looking mobos even with their orange and yellow ram slots, pci slots, etc on their p45 board. Most other black boards are to busy color wise IMHO.

It does look good on NewEgg....what lights up on it? Can someone post a pic of it in action? It is expensive though...wow! I like black too and lots of copper...

DFI has some sexy green ones :)

directron_2014_143106813

directron_2017_64608038

Why no heatsink on the NB and SB in the first picture? I'd think being X48 it would need one more than P45.

Nobody seems to have a preference huh?

i like the DFI looks and chipsets and evga/xfx boards looks but not chipsets.

the first DFI he linked has no coolers so u can fit custom ones

Yeah that would be a bad idea...to run it naked like that. Come to think of it, it would be a bad idea for anyone to run naked...

I want a good performer but I want something that looks good to boot considering I'm running a case window and all that jazz.

I love black mobos. The blacker they get the better they look IMHO

Baised on that I like the 780i and 790i mobos the best looks wise right now even though I would never buy one personally. As for intel chipsets I think DFI makes the best looking mobos even with their orange and yellow ram slots, pci slots, etc on their p45 board. Most other black boards are to busy color wise IMHO.

I half agree wit ha da boss

nVidia by far tops. Black mobos etc.

If I got a dfi board I would have to get all those slot covers to keep that stuff from hurting my eyes.

Was real close to having an all black PC. (ocz flexII p5q deluxe, WD hdds, silverstone 700W modular, just need the 4870x2 to complete the set)

Decided to sell it though just too much o'kill

For older mobo the Abit QuadGTs were very sex@h

Back