• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory FSB Divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

powderman87

I am building a system with an athlon 1900+ and 1gig of some low quality memory. I have an Abit kr7a and was wondering if there is a lower (1/5 maybe?) divider for the fsb going to the ram so i can overclock the fsb more. If not, does anyone know of any bios updates in the near future? Thanks!

Mike

I belive the kr7a has the choice to run the memory at -pci clock like the epox 8kha+.
So you can run the fsb at 200mhz and the memory at 150mhz or anything in between.

What do u mean the pci clock? Do i just set the pci clock divider real low and adjust the memory as the same as the pci? i'm lost! Thanks for the fast response though.

Mike

Its on page 42 of the manual.
Running cpu fsb-pci clock is just that.
If you set your dram to run at 100 and the cpu to 133 then you divide 133 by the 1/4 pci bus so you get 33mhz 133-33=100.
So if you overclock the cpu fsb to 160mhz and have the dram setting in the 100 position you get 160 divided by 4=40, 160-40=120 so your memory would be running at 120mhz.

Back