• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR TPower I45 and crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Anyone running a crossfire on this board?
What kind of results are you getting?
How 'bout anyone running a set of x2's in crossfire?
I'm looking for a board to run a tri-fire 4870 setup.

I am. 4850s in xfire work fine. I'm starting to like this board.

in terms of results I've beaten all my old records from the max formula.

Thanks HR for the quick reply.
I wonder if there's any in-compatibility with running a 4870x2 and 4870 single??
Maybe I'll have to be the "beta" tester.

i tried a while ago a 4870x2 X 2 and a 4870X2 with 4850 , no problem @ all.

I just got (2) 4870 Crossfired on this board last night. I was easy to setup but I had to move my hard drives around to make room. I got a 3.5 drive adapter to put them in the 5.25 bays and added some HD coolers to them as these Raptors can get hot. No Benchmarks yet but it is very smooth graphics now. A whole new level of gaming. Used CCC 8.6 No problems at all but you will need to setup each GPU separately. I did have to enter manual changes into CCC profile to get fan setting on 2nd GPU.

glad to hear these are not having any problems in xfire. i just got a 3870 and plan to get another somewhere down the road here. now let see some benchies. :D

Waiting for benchie , too bad that this motherboard is dead now :-( , Bios corrupted after some high clock under SS

Hello,
i know digging threads from grave is bad but i found this one while googling..

My problem is that crossfire isn't working on my biostar..i got (together with a friend) 3x hd 4850 512mb and we tried all combinations (we got 2x sapphire and 1x xpertvision cards) with none, one and two crossfire cables..we got the jumpers correctly installed, connected the 4pin molex power on the board and ofcourse the 6pin power connectors..my psu is powerfull enough with 800watts..windows just doesn't recognize the second card (vista x64) we also tried every card alone and they all worked perfectly! when we only put a card in the second pcie slot the computer beeps (i think around 8 times, we looked it up and found the error discribet as "Display memory error (system video adapter)" or the Second would say that we should change the Cards)

Anyone got an idea? Maybe a wrong bios setting (running the newest bios)?

The Cooler of the Second card is running at 100% looks like it's not recognised by bios either or?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :( :)

You said you have the jumpers (red) set correctly but did you set the single (black) jumper for crossfire?

yeah im sure thats the prob i did the same thing first time i tried xfire. forgot about the little black jumper underneath all the red ones. good luck

the little black one is also correct! it's still not working..thats why googled but i didn't find any answer..is there maybe a bios option?

no option in bios that i ever saw or had to use. any way u could post a pic showing how u have the jumpers set up?

Back