• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mobo To Overclock Q6600 Watercooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andycorleone

Registered
Hi, I'm buidling a desk mod

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5778814

I thinking in get a new mobo to overclock the q6600 24/7 in the list I used to have:

Asus P5K
Asus P5Q3

But now I came across the

ASUS Maximus Formula Republic of Gamers
ASUS Maximus Extreme

they are a bit expensive (about £30 60USD extra because I was going to buy a NB water block anyway )

Really apreciate any susgestion

if you can find/get i think the P5Q or P5Q-Pro would be a better board.. you could get the max oc out of the chip with a P35(P5K) board. at this point though P45 is cheaper if not the same cost as P35 new. i would go P35 if you can get a killer deal on the board.

if your not running extreme cooling then no, they are not worth the money. only unless you just have extra $$ to spend for the EP factor.

Thanks for the Help, what you means extreme cooling? ( I Was thinking in Watercooling the CPU VIDEO and NB). what is EP factor?
Cheers
Andy

Hey evilsizer, do you mean to say the p35 perform better than p45?

you could get the max oc out of the chip with a P35(P5K) board
i would go P35 if you can get a killer deal on the board.

I think extreme cooling is TEC, phase change, liquid nitrogen/helium.

Thanks for the Help, what you means extreme cooling? ( I Was thinking in Watercooling the CPU VIDEO and NB). what is EP factor?
Cheers
Andy

Watercooling is becoming more and more mainstream. Hell even OEMs are doing it. Extreme cooling would be like phase change or Dry ice or LN2. I believe the EP factor evil is talking about refers to e-penis..basically bragging rights.

Hey evilsizer, do you mean to say the p35 perform better than p45?
I think extreme cooling is TEC, phase change, liquid nitrogen/helium.
no thats not what im saying.. P35 is able to max out 65nm quads, its not able to max out 45nm quads, due to fsb walls. if he can get p35 for a steal then go that route. right about the cooling parts..

Watercooling is becoming more and more mainstream. Hell even OEMs are doing it. Extreme cooling would be like phase change or Dry ice or LN2. I believe the EP factor evil is talking about refers to e-penis..basically bragging rights.

right! :)

Thanks OK I will buy a Asus P5K but which one? Asus P5K-E, P5K Pro or P5K Premium. as I said before I wana to be oveclocked 24/7. Using a watercooled system in the Video,NB and CPU. so any benefit from a specific model? I'm going to have any problem dismantling the intalled NB cooler in the Mobo I can see the little tube that conect the other coolers.

MB-258-AS_400.jpg

no you wont have any issues, just make sure all the push pins are not going thru first. i assume you are also going to replace the southbridge cooler then. as that heatpipe setup is cooling PWM/NB/SB in one go... so if you wanted to replace just the NB cooler in this case thats not gonig to happen. it will require you to remove that whole thing...

how about the GA-EP45T-Extreme for q6600 ocing, then using it for a e8600 later on?

Back