• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock x48 TwinsTurbo Mobo Install Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpykiE

Hello everyone! This is my first post on these forums, so I just wanted to take a second to say hi to everyone!

On to my question... So I recently purchased all new components for my PC. I installed everything yesterday after receiving the Asrock mobo last in the mail and took my time. However, I cannot get the system past the post screen.

Here are my parts first:
- Intel Quad Core 2 Q9550 2.88GHz cpu
- Asrock X48 TwinsTurbo Mobo w/WIFI
- Corsair 2GB (1GB x 2) DDR3 (PC1600) RAM
- EVGA E-Geforce 9800 GX2
- Corsair 750W PS
- Maxtor 80GB 7200rpm 8mb cache hd (pulled from my previous pc)

So there are my parts and here is my issue:

I'm able to get the computer powered up. Fans spin, VGA card runs fine, CPU posts and memory posts, but then it just stops at the main menu (Press F2 to enter setup, Press F11 to Boot, Press Tab to whatever). I cannot get the keyboard to respond to any of the commands listed to get into the BIOS.

I have checked and rechecked everything it could possibly be. Pulled the battery, put back in, reset the CMOS and I have it all running on the bare minimum right now (1 stick of ram, vga card, heatsink/cpu, power switch connected and that's it), but still no luck. I've even borrowed my roommates wired keyboard and nothing works with that either.

One thing I did notice however is that when I move the power switch jumper around it will boot to the main post screen where you can select F2 for setup, F11 for boot etc, but then it will move to a different screen where it starts to post the CPU and amount of memory, but then stops and says Press F11 to Boot, but I cannot do anything... it's strange.

Any thoughts? I've built many PCs in the past, so I am no noob, but I've never run into a problem like this. Am I doing something wrong though?

try another video card and if possible update the bios. thats the only thing i got besides a possible bad video card or mobo.. ok well another thought is the cpu may be overheating... double check or if needed to make sure remount the HSF your using(what HSF are you using?).

Unfortunately, I don't have another video card to try. My old system (the one I'm upgrading from has a Geforce 6800 AGP card) so no luck there. However, I'm not sure that it is the video card because it starts up fine and the main boot screen appears, but then hangs there...

I don't think it's the CPU overheating though. I'm using a Cooler Master (ICT-D925R-GP) heat sink and fan. I bought an OEM Q9550 CPU and they shipped the cooler master with it for free, so it's a little better than the stock retail heat sink and fan. I remounted it and still nothing different.

I didn't try updating the bios. I wasn't sure how to go about doing this if I couldn't even get the keyboard or anything to respond.

While I was testing it before, it suddenly went into a weird cycle where it wasn't rebooting over and over, but the video card kept refreshing itself on the screen over and over, and the keyboard lights would turn on and off as if the computer rebooted...

So I'm assuming the mobo is just bad news. I think I may RMA it tomorrow. Before that though, sound like anything you may have run across before?

well i had a issue with my IP35-pro restarting on me while booting with a 45nm ES. which is why i think it may be bios related. borrow a cpu first if you can, the asrock board may not have shipped with a bios that supports the Q9550.

I RMA'd the mobo back to ewiiz.com today so I will see what happens once I receive the new board next week probably. I will keep you updated and let you know what happens Evilsizer. Thanks for your help though! ; )

Back