• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT I-G31: BIOS Overclocking options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freezer7Pro

I might be getting an ABIT I-G31 mobo and an E5200 for folding soon, but I'm unsure if it's got any overclocking options in the BIOS, which I'd most certainly need, as I would die with stock clocks on a thing like that.

Anyone know what it has got?

Looks to be a pretty basic workstation type board. Probably not a whole lot of options for overclocking if past boards by abit, with similar features, is any indication.

best place to check is in the manual... i havent seen any G31 based boards from Abit over here. maybe only across the pond then...

No manual available to download from what I can find.

I'm using G35 based boards. Bare in mind though that if using the onboard graphics, you won't get a high FSB overclock cuz you're also running the video completely out of spec. The first sign of this are Intel GMA driver errors...

I had an ECS G31 board. Nothing in the bios except FSB, Ram Dividers ( 667/800) and ram timings that's it. No voltages or anything else. The Abit might have more in the bios as apposed to the ECS, but i would doubt it as the G31 boards are just basic.

I had an ECS G31 board. Nothing in the bios except FSB, Ram Dividers ( 667/800) and ram timings that's it. No voltages or anything else. The Abit might have more in the bios as apposed to the ECS, but i would doubt it as the G31 boards are just basic.

well im thinking Abit got ECS to make them another lowend board. abit G31 would then infact be the same options. the only route then for ocing would be with pad modding the cpu. G31 can in fact handle 333fsb cpus....

I know, they can barely hit FSB350 with onboard video enabled, but that's no problem, due to the E5200. I probably won't even run at 320MHz FSB, and all I really need is voltage change.

Back