• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

Ok I just got OCZ 2700 DDR,and my bench mark test is showing only 63% it says low performance,so I was told to send back the OCZ memory,but I called a friend and he brought over his Kingmax 2100 and it showed the same problem,but if I put back in the SD 133 768 it works fine,Seti runs so slow with the DDR,both sets,so I know it isn't the DDR,he took mine with him the 2700 and put it in his PC and he said it rocks,so I am totally lost on this,is my MB bad?
It is the third one so far,all under waranty..
Thanks for any advise:(

Well I guess your right,that was the only reason I got this board was so I could switch to DDR down the road,well the road ended here,what board would you go with Placid?

Abit KR7A
Iwill xp-333 (rev 2.1)
Epox 8KHA+

Any one of these are good boards, the price and features you need or don't need are what you should consider for you personal choice.

Another good option is the 8K7A. Yes its a bit old, and has the older chipset, but im happy with mine. If the price is the same though, get the 8KHA

Well I went with the MSI K7T 266 Pro 2,and I like it so far,had to reformat the HD to get it to boot,but no biggy:)
I read up on this board and every one said it was pretty user friendly and very overclockable so I bought it,got it for 102 bucks,all the puter stores wanted 159 and tax.
The ASUS board took a dump had to send it back to ASUS..

Back