• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS rampage formula bios question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kraulerson

Ok, I'm currently working on OC'ing my q9400 to 4Ghz stable (can't get stable yet but close). My question is, in the bios when I change voltages it shows danger levels by color coding voltage levels(i.e. green/yellow/red), where does it get the danger levels from? Is the motherboard detecting the device and setting the ranges based on the actual CPU/RAM chip or are these generic ranges(which I find odd as it seems most everything has it's own specific operating ranges). I ask because if the MB is identifying the CPU/RAM and showing appropriate safety levels, it allows me a bit more freedom to play with voltage as opposed to being overly cautious as I try to be.

Old K

It is what Asus has defined as dangerous. I believe mine doesn't even turn yellow until 1.5volts or something. I ignore the colors all together.

Back