• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E-VM vs P5Q-EM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Since its now available i was wondering if anyone started a thread on its potential vs the p5e-vm?

If not then i suppose this will kick it off ehhe

Last edited:
you might as well.. it should oc higher then G3x did... the one thing i see really going for G45 is the HD hardware decoding of blueray playback if its for a HTPC...

when you mess with i expect bios ss's out of you!! :p

im just hoping it has good ocing options and actually oc's well. Right now the bios is in its first phase. That sucks

I was under the impression G35 already supports hardware decoding of HD content together with a 45nm CPU as was stated on the boxes of my P5E-VM HDMI and Intel DG35EC boards...?

I really haven't heard anything about the overclocking ability of the P5Q-EM yet. I know through personal experience that the P5E-VM is a fantastic overclocker. I've had an E8200 at 4.0GHz and a Q9450 at 3.8GHz on a P5E-VM.

So, I guess it comes down to picking between an older, but proven board and a newer, but unproven board.

Back