• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro Need some help please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Hey ever since I built this rig it has shown this text on boot up

"AHCI BIOS NOT INSTALLED!!"

ACER2.jpg

It isn't effecting anything to my knowledge but id like to know what it is & what it can effect?

I am fairly sure I installed all the drivers needed during xp install you know the F6 key for sata controller driver install...

Ive searched google and tried a few things that others said but it doesn't make the warning "AHCI BIOS NOT INSTALLED!!" go away.

PS I also read up at wiki about ahci, but I still cant figure out whats wrong, the system seams to run fine..... here is another screen shot of the bios and as u can the bios doesn't see any of the drives? but like I said the system runs fine?

whats the dealyo
Picture.jpg

HELP

Last edited:
im going to have to look into this coz, gimmie a bit. kinda busy at work atm...

ok so if im reading your layout correctly. all the drives are on SATA with no cd/dvd rom on the ichxR right? if you have a optical drive is it IDE or SATA but on the other jmicron controller? if that true then this thread here answers what is going on
http://forum.uabit.com/showthread.php?t=135025

the jist is that AHCI is only going to be used if you have a CD/DVD on the SATA/ICHxR controller. As AHCI will handle the optical drive while you are using RAID on the ICHxR. what you are seeing is no issue and nothing to fix, its a normal operation of the bios/raid setup.

thx man...

so only if I had an optical on sata but why doesnt it show any of my hds at all in the bios

This is my setup

I have 5 internal HD's

C: 1x140gig raptor
D: 2x 74gig raptor's (raid0)
E: 1X80gig Seagate
F: 1X80gig Seagate
G: CDROM
H: Nec CD/DVD Burner

All the HD's are pluged into sata ports which ones are intel and which are jmicron I dont know, I do know that D: is on Intel Raid 0

the cdrom & dvdburner are on the eide port which I thought was controlled by jmicron but maybe not. they are not sata devices and theres only 1 eide port on ip35pro bolth the cd & dvdrom are on it.

I dont understand why the bios doesnt show any drives at all

Last edited:
because when you go raid, then you have to get into the boot menu to manage the drives in the raid array. see i have the same thing though im running just AHCI no raid, no drives show up in bios.

Back