• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hilight

Thought I'd post this screen of a pretty high speed run on this board. It's a wonderful board to work with--very nice recovery qualities on failed overclocks. I imagine the board has quite a little left to go--I only stopped at 610 because my memory tops out at around 612 at 555-2.2v. Of course, the board is being helped along here by an air conditioner (notice the board temps in Smart Guardian). The weird cpu temp is because this was done under the vapo and Smart Guardian won't display sub-zero properly. The only real problem the board has is an incompatibility with my 3870X2. I've also heard of similar problems with the DFI X38-X48 boards and 4870X2's.

Spi 4m 610FSB.jpg

I was looking into getting this board a few weeks ago and it looks like they can do 640fsb or so before losing steam

I was looking into getting this board a few weeks ago and it looks like they can do 640fsb or so before losing steam

I'd believe it'll do 640...As I said, I really like the board and I'd recommend it. But I see you're running a 4870--if you want the board, I'd go to DFI Club first and take a look at the issues that are coming up with DFI and ATI cards. I believe most of the problems are with X2's and X38-X48 boards, but I've had problems too, and the mod's at DFI club led me to believe DFI doesn't have a fix in the works for my 3870 at least (but they do for the 4870x2).

I agree that this is a great board. Sadly it often gets overlooked because it was so late to the market and was launched with such a bad bios that had problems even hitting 450 fsb.

I would have gotten this board but such a great deal poped up on my current p5q deluxe that I couldnt pass it up

Dam nice clocks! :thup: A shame about the board's quirks with ATI cards. Hell I'll slam a 9800 GX2 in there and be done with it :D

I agree that this is a great board. Sadly it often gets overlooked because it was so late to the market and was launched with such a bad bios that had problems even hitting 450 fsb.

I would have gotten this board but such a great deal poped up on my current p5q deluxe that I couldnt pass it up

I believe the plus version is kind of a second revision and mine was good to go out of the box--I think they've solved a lot of the problems with the earlier revision too, but yea they kind of dropped the ball on the early bios's When I send this one back, I'm considering a P5Q Deluxe--my P5Q vanilla tops out at around 560, and although I don't think I'll get much above 5600 with the cooling I've got, I like to have some headroom on my board. Incidentally, I had a clunky old P5KC under the vapo for a few days and it'd do about 580--not bad at all considering the board.

Dam nice clocks! :thup: A shame about the board's quirks with ATI cards. Hell I'll slam a 9800 GX2 in there and be done with it :D

Thanks. Yea it really is a shame because it clocks damn nice and seems pretty fast speed-for-speed. I bought my 3870X2 specifically for benching--and now I've gotta wait until I choose a new board :bang head

Dam that bites :-/ I wonder if DFI will ever come up with a fix? I mean they should considering the 3870X2/4870X2 are modern cards. Would be a dam shame if they don't. That's neutering and awsome board.

Dam that bites :-/ I wonder if DFI will ever come up with a fix? I mean they should considering the 3870X2/4870X2 are modern cards. Would be a dam shame if they don't. That's neutering and awsome board.

Well they're working on the issue with the 4870X2's and the X38-X48 boards but all I got out of the mod at DFI Club about my board was that there was no fix for the 3870X2. I don't know that they've even acknowledged there's any kind of problem with the P45's--and I don't know that there's a problem with their P45's and the 4870X2-- he did say the problems with the 3870X2 and the 4870X2 were completely different (although that doesn't sound right to me)

+++EDIT+++
I was just doing some more reading over at DFI Club and apparently DFI P35 had some huge unsolvable issue with 3870X2 and it seems the mod 'Praz' figured I was having the same sort of issue with my P45 and 3870. There is a long, long thread about the issues with X38-X48 and 4870X2 that DFI seems to think is solvable with a bios update. They've issued a beta bios that attempts to solve the issue but it's only been successful for some people. So looks like I'm SOL with this board and 3870X2....

Last edited:
Nice job hitting 610. I like DFI boards...I had a couple of the old Nforce 4 boards. One is still running in my wife's computer.

Nice job hitting 610. I like DFI boards...I had a couple of the old Nforce 4 boards. One is still running in my wife's computer.

It really is a sweet board. I'm replacing it because of the issues I've mentioned, but I can't complain at all about the ease of use, or it's ability to get the FSB up there.

Here is a run at high CPU speed run with this board. The run was good enough to put me at 7 on the OCForums 1M Spi roster. I believe everyone that is above this score is running dry ice or LN2, which gives them considerably more cooling than I've got available. I'm at about -35 on the vapo here.

Spi1M-5600.jpg

what was the issue with the 3870X2?

The card would never initialize. According to the LED's everything would post up fine, but nothing would ever show up on the screen. My 8800 GTS works fine in the board, and the 3870 works fine in the P5Q. I posted a question about it on DFI club and all they said was that their was no fix for 3870X2. There's been a similar initization problem with 4870X2 and DFI X38-X48, but that apparently can be fixed with a bios update. After reading through the 4870 thread over there, I found out that there had been a problem with DFI P35 and 3870X2 that never was fixed, and I believe their P45's have a similar problem. I really have never found many posts about this issue on P45 anywhere, and I don't know if it a problem with all 3870X2's or just with certain brands of cards. At any rate, I've tried my card in two DK P45 Pluses now and neither one would initialize.

Houserat here are the settings I used at 610FSB:

DRAM Settings:
Enhance Data Transmit:Fast
Enhance Data Address:Fast
T2 Dispatch Disabled
Clock Setting Fine Delay>>
Ch1 DRAM Skew:Model 3
CH2 DRAM Skew:Model 3
Rcomp Setting:Model 1

Vcore:As per CPU & multiplier
Vdimm:2.243 in Bios-- 2.22 in Smart Guardian
SB/Pll:1.55
NB Core:1.4950 in Bios somewhat lower in Smart Guardian. The board liked Vnb
CPU Vtt:1.40 (I'm sure this could be lower--that's just what I had running at the time)
GTL 0/2: .61
GTL 1/3:.61 I've found out I had this setting wrong even though it ran like this. There is a formula you can use to calculate GTL about half-way down the page here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190812&highlight=VTT&page=14
You use GTL 0/2 for 65nm, and 1/3 for5 45nm, and I believe the discussion was for Quad here.

NB GTL Ref:.58 The nb liked low GTL
Boot up FSB:475
Boot up Clock:330
CPU clock amplitude and skew were left at stock
DRAM Speed:400/800
PCIE Clock:105
Spread Spectrum's:disabled

Here are some threads about DFI P45. Some of them are only minimal help
http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7212&page=8

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=493061

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191950

This one is about DFI X48, but applies to P45 as well
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3174336&posted=1#post3174336

I kinda want one of these so I can play with my Team Xtreems again, under some sick as fsb where they belong :beer:

Here is a run at high CPU speed run with this board. The run was good enough to put me at 7 on the OCForums 1M Spi roster. I believe everyone that is above this score is running dry ice or LN2, which gives them considerably more cooling than I've got available. I'm at about -35 on the vapo here.

View attachment 67802

Come on man, so close to busting into the 7's. I know you can do it, should only take a few more mhz :santa:

Very fast for only -35 :drool:

Hilight: Those settings are almost the same as what I used on the I45. I've been testing things all day. Will have some kind of update soon.

I also have a 3870X2 (Asus). Haven't plugged it in yet but I'll test it and see.

Also, did you plug in the floopy power cable next to the gpu?

Hilight: Those settings are almost the same as what I used on the I45. I've been testing things all day. Will have some kind of update soon.

I also have a 3870X2 (Asus). Haven't plugged it in yet but I'll test it and see.

Also, did you plug in the floopy power cable next to the gpu?

Well f***IN-A! I didn't even look at that connector very close. If that's been the problem all along, I'm gonna shoot myself a few times, and then for good measure, shoot myself again. Let me know if you get it running! I've got mine about half taken down, or I'd try it again myself.

++++EDIT++++
You gave me a bit of hope there, so I hooked the DFI back up and tried it--it was NG.
Have you had any luck?

Last edited:
I kinda want one of these so I can play with my Team Xtreems again, under some sick as fsb where they belong :beer:

Come on man, so close to busting into the 7's. I know you can do it, should only take a few more mhz :santa:

Very fast for only -35 :drool:

Thanks. I've been trying for a 7 for a couple days but just can't quite make it :bang head

My 3870X2 doesn't work either. Now I have to try it in another rig just to make sure it works at all. :-/

My 3870X2 doesn't work either. Now I have to try it in another rig just to make sure it works at all. :-/

Oh I'd bet it works fine in something else. I've tried and tried to get mine to run in the DFI and it's always NG. (mine is also Asus--the one with the dual fans)

Back