• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build P5Q-pro DOA? Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

froggyluv

Registered
Hi everyone,

Just got and put together my new build:p5q-pro;Antec 650;e8500;4870; 4gigs Mushkin 800; NZXT case; Artic Cooler7

Anyways, this is my third time building but's it's been a while so here's the scoop- assembled, hit the switch.... nothing except for a blinking green standby power light on my mobo. No fans, no cool blue color from case nor PSU. I checked the chip placement; switched CPU fan back to stock...same thing.:bang head:bang head:bang head

I'm thinking wouldn't the PSU at least turn itself on and maybe the fans?:confused: Just to note I didn't attach some of the little audio cables from the front of the casing but the power switches etc. are all in. Maybe I should try hooking those audio wires in to hear troubleshooting beeps?

Please help

i always bench test my mb's before i put them in a case that way ya know it's a short if you put it in the case and it dont work. btw most likely its ok if it just shorted out on a stand off but you may need to clear cmos before it will post
Rich

For the next month I hereby proclaim myself :

FORUM IDIOT

Yes, it was indeed shorting on the case but has just started up after righting that wrong. Didn't hook up monitor or anything yet but I'll post back after I get her to post ;p

Hmmm, the one compenent I didn't order was a sata cd-rom as a friend of mine left me his old one which happens to be IDE. Bios isn't able to detect it so is there any settings I might be missing and does the jumper placing matter? HD is sata so it's the only IDE on the mobo.

Eh, whats that... always check your cables before you post... doh!!!

Got it fellas thanks for help :)

Back