• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 300 Vs. 350 Watt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MikeBD35

I'm planning on replacing my psu because my current one can't quite cut it. I've seen the 5 volt rail drop as low as 4.78 and can audibly here how much juice is getting pulled through the changes in frequency of my pabst 33cfm heat sink fan. I'm thinking of Antec because I can get it locally and the consensus from my research is that it works well with my motherboard.

I looked up the specs and both the 300(PP-303XP) and 350(PP-352X) have the same TCO for the 5 and 3.3 volt rails- 180 watts. I'm wondering what advantages the extra power on the other rails will get me. Currently I have an Athlon 1200 and would like to have a power supply that can handle upgrades in the future. Any help will be appreciated.

Stuff in my computer:
Creative Audigy X Gamer
Asus V7700 gforce2 deluxe
IBM 40 Gig 7200 RPM
6x CD Burner
12x DVD
Only fan connected to PSU is Pabst 33, and a relay to turn on my case fan that runs at 8 volts via a wall wart power supply.

Last edited:
Well, check the amp ratings for each line, you might get a bit more amperage out of the 350w for your 5v line...upgrading should help you out, but 4.78 IS pretty low...

Just a suggestion, but I've had great luck so far with the Heroichi 350watt...has dual temp controlled fans and I've used 3 of them thusfar all with 5v comfortably over 5v...infact, on a system with about 5 fans, 3 hardrives, DVD and CDrom on an AthlonXP 1600 with an abit kg7RAID, the 5v was 5.09 I believe...

They're about $42 at newegg...

Mike

Antec PSU's are VERY high-quality. My PP412x 400 watt model keeps my 5v at 5.12v, and my 12v rail at 12.3v constantly under load. The lower-wattage models are great, as well :).

Back