• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mobo to Keep?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stilletto

I am having a hard time deciding which Mobo to keep. Perhaps you guys can help me decide.

I have a X48 P5E deluxe and an X48 Rampage Formula . I originally thought I had a bad SB on the P5E due to random drives dropping out, but it turned out to be a bad Sata cable, which I failed to test for before ordering the Rampage. Now the P5E suffered from bad vdroop, had to be at 1.4v idle to give me the 1.36v load I needed for 4.42ghz stable. The rampage has No vdroop, but it takes 1.38v to be stable at the same OC. So, to make a long story short, which perfectly good Mobo do I sell?

P5E=1.4 idle 1.36 load 4.42
Maximus Formula 1.38 idle 1.38 load 4.42

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
keep them both and build a back up easy way
Rich

Thought about that, but that's at least 200 bucks i would be spending for a backup which I really don't need...I have learned that if you are going to sell a mobo, do it while it is still "in date":)

Hmm, personally I'd keep the Rampage. I just got mine and while I have no experience with the P5E Deluxe, I'd be hard pressed to part with my Rampage. This board just blows me away. I was able to get a 4.5Ghz OC with my E8400 and it posted at only 1.35v! That, to me at least, seems hard to beat.

Hmm, personally I'd keep the Rampage. I just got mine and while I have no experience with the P5E Deluxe, I'd be hard pressed to part with my Rampage. This board just blows me away. I was able to get a 4.5Ghz OC with my E8400 and it posted at only 1.35v! That, to me at least, seems hard to beat.

+1

Back