• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6ba+IV help please (partial POST)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saytan

just got this board today to replace my dead BH6

it posts up no sweat, detects the cpu (celly 600)

then it stops. nothing. nada

no keyboard control and no movement

now the RAM test is next, have tried 3-4 diff sticks, all tested as good (im on one now in this machine)

im foxed

Hey,

I would start by clearing the CMOS with the MB jumper.
Do this with the sytem off. Change the jumper, to clear the CMOS, then set it back in the normal position.

Try the above first, if that doesn't help, then do the following:

Verify that the CPU cooler is mounted correctly, and the fan(s) on the cooler are turning when powering up.

Disconnect all addons to the MB except the CPU/cooler, video card, and memory (start with only 1 stick of SDRAM). If it boots after that, then reinstall each piece individually (start with the hard drive), and reboot. This system makes it alot easier to track down problems.

Keep us posted,
Wookie8662

Hmmm...

Can you access/enter the bios at all during boot?
If you can, reload the "optimal" or "default" settings.

Do you have another MB that you could attempt to flash the current bios with, in case that is the culprit?

Wookie8662

the screen gets as far as reporting the processor speed, then sits with a flashing cursor instead of counting my RAM

if it was ram-related, don't think it would post anything but a black screen off the bat................my 6ba+III was screwy with the ram but got all four slots filled finally w/numerous black screens until it was seated properly.............if it won't count ram, maybe screwed - you can't get into bios until it finishes w/ram count (i am pretty sure - i can't with mine)...........

I've had a 6BA+IV running for almost two years without any problems. Running P3 FCPGA's on slockets and standard Slot 1 P2's. I would RMA the board, if possible, or return to whom ever sold it to you.

Are you running an FCPGA Celeron/Coppermine on a Slocket? If so (you probably already checked) are all the jumpers (if any) set in the correct positions?

Back