• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin High-Performance DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
highperfddr256_gr.gif

"*Do not tamper w/ heat spreader as this will void your warranty."

What that tells me is Mushkin doesnt want to say, we use slower memory than the 'other guy'.

I was curious to know the speed of the memory chips individually:)

http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mush...1111ed72ba2744c0a801020655+EN/products/990771

That's the same way my OCZ PC3000 was. But I was able to slide the back one off enough to see that they were indeed 7.5ns chips. That would explain why it absolutely SUCKED. Obviously, I sold it as soon as I could and bought some real Ram (which is coming on Monday :D ). I would like to bet the Mushkin is the same way.

Considering mushkin rates their memory fairly cas 2 at 133mhz= 7.0ns chips.
They also sell the 2700 with 6ns chips.

Yes, I definately would agree that Mushkin is MUCH better than OCZ. I still don't like buying something that the manufacturers cover up and don't list in the spec sheet. That's one reason I'll never buy OCZ again. But since that particular Ram is PC2100, I wouldn't see it having anything better than 7ns chips.

So herbal, would you recommend OCZ ram? :D

(yuck yuck just kidding!)

man I've got to get busy and start putting some of this stuff to work. The only reason I know this kingmax is any good is because all you guys say so!

Back