• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comparsion amount ST6, TSUL2-C, and XET-C, perforancewise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

after asking question around and reading some junky review for a while, i need a definite conclusion on which board is the king:) and i am not talking about features...i mean pure speed.
I own a XET-C, and send it back to exchange for a new board, i simple need to know which board offers the best performance. oh, in addition, i don't care which board is more buggier than the other, nope..only speed:eek:

The majority says Abit ST6R....but no more Abit for me in the Greek market :(
If you come up with something else...let me know
I have the cash waiting.

As quoted by Active Hardware....

The Gigabyte GA-60XET is, without a doubt, the highest performance Tualatin motherboard we've reviewed to-date. Not only did it obtain the summits of Overclocking, but it also managed to turn out great performance even without the slightest tweaking. For all these reasons, in addition to its great features and high-score, we're proud to award the Gigabyte GA-60XET our "High Grade Hardware Award" - a board we wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

The board turned out peformance exceeding the Intel reference board....And while Intel reference boards aren't the most overclockable around their peformance in a standard configuration is always fantastic. This is also an observation made by PC User magazine in Australia when they gave the board a 9/10....

Why would they compare a OC friendly board against an OC unfriendly one? Unless they're talking about a rock stable board, Intel deserves a few hands I'd say.

Anyways, If I'd compare the ST6 against the XET, I'd conclude that both are very good boards; most likely seeing a back and forth toss between the two. Yes, the XET does utilize a few very good features that the ST6 does not, but the ST6 is still a very admirable board. So if you look at it in terms of features and ease, I'm pretty sure you'll want to go Gigabyte. I've never owned a Gigabyte let alone having the good luck of using a XET, so I can never comment on personal preferences. Obviously, anyone who is giving their insight is also offering their view. If you want me to be really bias (which I try heartedly not to do), I can say that the ST6 crowns the highest fsb OC I've seen. I think it was in the mid 200's.

The only problem I see here is that b/c the XET was quite unknown and the chance that Fluid owns one with the Celly is just pure luck. I mean, I know he defends his life over the board b/c he knows all the features work. Obviously, he must have an excellent chip as well. Anyways, if only more people had known the XET before and more people had a chance of using them, I guarantee the playing surface would be much more fair in most people's mind. I love my ST6 to death and I'm so glad I was able to find one, so even if the XET works better for me, I wouldn't take the switch. Seriously, I can understand if you want to run 150+fsb, I can see why the XET is so much more easier to accomodate the "less than willing to screw around with motherboard" idea. If you do modest OC's to 140fsb and below, I really can't see why you want to pay the "extra" price for features you won't use. I'm strictly talking about the mild OCers by the way.

:D

Last edited:
I'd say the Abit ST6R.

With the raid features the board benefits the chip more as well as performance wise and when that becomes overclocked or so it will be awsome.

As well as I'm an Abit guy in Intel.

Actually I believe the XET holds the FSB high speed crown as the ABit was basically 'cheating' with an aftermarket external PLL....The XET has hit 200mhz FSB with no such modifications....And in the review I believe they compared the board to many other 'makes', not just Intel. I just mentioned Intel due to the fact that in a standard situation their speed and quality shines....

But like Bonka said....They're both 'very' nice boards....

Back