• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok £90 and I need a good PSU and cooling for my 8500....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No never go Intel!!!

2200+ AMD at 1.8Ghz .13Micron Process Socket A 1.65VCore,
will go to 2Ghz easy at 1.65V and well over with 1.85V.

Coming out in Feb and a 1.97Ghz in March!!!

Whoot AMD!:beer:

nick_cw said:
I have about 16Fans

So you got your own fan-club, huh?

I saw something the other day that might be just in your taste. It looked just like a standard 80mm fan, but it was something like 200mm, made out of solid metal and ran on 220 volts. Brand: Papst. Can´t tell how much air it moved but it felt like a lot when I held it in my hand. It made a lot of noise too. :cool:

regards,
Henry.

nick_cw said:
What about this 460Watt Enhance PSU???

Will it beat the 433Watt Enermax? Bearing in mind I have the EPOX.....

Power breakdown. +3.3v - 40A, +5v - 45A, +12v - 28A, -5v - 1A, -12v - 1A and here's a link: http://www.overclock.co.uk/moreinfo.php?id=362

Enhance is made by the same people as Enermax - in my personal opinion a complete POS. Try a Sparkle PSU - very, very Robust.

I've got a DEEP 400W I picked up in Rotterdam about six months ago - best PSU I've ever used - powers a Dual Athlon MP System with GF3 Ti500 easily.

Re: Re: Ok £90 and I need a good PSU and cooling for my 8500....

Henry Rollins II said:

So you got your own fan-club, huh?

I saw something the other day that might be just in your taste. It looked just like a standard 80mm fan, but it was something like 200mm, made out of solid metal and ran on 220 volts. Brand: Papst. Can´t tell how much air it moved but it felt like a lot when I held it in my hand. It made a lot of noise too. :cool:

regards,
Henry.

Lol! Sure have!!

Yeah I seen one of those, really heavy I'm thinking of buying one....

Wild_Andy do you know where I can pick up one of these Sparkle PSU's??? As you have one!

Cheers:beer:

Re: Re: Re: Ok £90 and I need a good PSU and cooling for my 8500....

nick_cw said:

Lol! Sure have!!

Yeah I seen one of those, really heavy I'm thinking of buying one....

Wild_Andy do you know where I can pick up one of these Sparkle PSU's??? As you have one!

Cheers:beer:

I have DEEP PSU Nick rather than Sparkle myself but I do know that Sparkle is UK available. I know DABS DABS.COM were selling sparkle not too long ago - check them out and then all of the usual UK channels.

Back