• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ2700 not running past 150mhz **help**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sb-pimp

Registered
Ok heres my benchmarks but in bios I have no idea what to set and what it means. Nothing is overclocked as of yet, still unlocking amdXP giving me a headache about to take it upto local electronic shop and see if they can do it. mem voltage raised to 2.7 volts, bios settings are as follows

Dram clock is :133
cas timing:2
bank interleave:4 bank
dram burst length: 4
dram queue depth:2 level
dram command rate:1t
system performance: normal
ddskew level: 00

membench2.jpg

comps in sig
any helpful settings would be appreciated

I hate to tell you this, but you've fallen into the same trap I did. OCZ sucks, I had their PC3000 ram and it wouldn't do over 150 either. At least not with cas2. It has to be at cas2.5 in order to hit anything higher. But even when I did get it up higher, it performed much worse than my Crucial because I had to run it with such poor timings. Needless to say, I sold that crap the day after I got it. Before I sold it, I was able to get the ramsink off enough to see that the chips were indeed 7.5ns chips, the same ones on the Crucial PC2100. But my Crucial PC2100 will do 160 at cas2 with Turbo ram timings, and that well outperforms the OCZ PC3000 at 183 at cas2.5 with Normal timings. Do yourself a favor and sell the OCZ and buy some half decent Ram. Either Crucial PC2100 (it's cheap), or if you want better stuff, go with Kingmax PC2700 5ns.

Right now only ramsinks and good case cooling. I still have the stock gpu cooler on there, I've considered replacing it for a better one, but for some reason I think it may be the voltage that's limiting me and not heat.

Back