• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this memory benchmark sound right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

Current Mem Rig: 256 PC133, 128 PC100, 128 PC 100
Total Of: 512
Current Memory Setting For All Banks: Turbo

Well I had some memory problems lately, when I had Windows 2000 I use to hit scores equal to like PC66 ram 100/100.

Then today I formated I decided to install Windows XP since it didn't have conflicts with my burner and PCI NiC.

And I did some memory benchmarks whoa back to where I was before 450/450(I think something in the 400's)

Does this sound right?

I'm on a 100fsb BTW.

I believe the PC 100 ram only are CL2 up to 83FSB and the PC133 256 is CL2 to 100...

I'm using Sisoft Sandra and how does it test it I'd though I'd squeeze some more since I have 512 ram.

Yodums

Please, post what mainboard you're using. Reformulate your Q if you'd be so kind. No definitive answer is possible with the info you've posted.

Well I recently had a motherboard change and according to Sisoft Sandra the motherboard is a Chaintech 693-596-8671

Its a slot motherboard with the chipset of:
VIA VT82C693

Basically my question is does my memory benchmark sound right because it isn't sounding right to be as I have 512 ram :/

Yodum

The amount of memory you have as nothing to do with Sandra's benchmark. I have 256mb of Crucial DDR ram and Sandra only tests 128mb. The program benches how fast your memory writes and reads.

-Exi|e- said:
The amount of memory you have as nothing to do with Sandra's benchmark. I have 256mb of Crucial DDR ram and Sandra only tests 128mb. The program benches how fast your memory writes and reads.

Oh I guess it'll test my first memory in the first slot.

The tests sound right I guess :D

Yodums

Yodums said:

Oh I guess it'll test my first memory in the first slot.

The tests sound right I guess :D

Yodums

get the newest softsandra and give us a screen shot of your scores..

that would help us alot more..

Back