• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People! READ YOUR MANUALS!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taylor

Don't get me wrong- I'll help anyway I can, regardless. Most people here will do the same.

I'm only saying that if you take whatever help I could give you, or what help anyone else here might be able to contribute, and multiply that times 10, or 100, well, that's how much benefit you'd get from reading your mobo manual!!!

Whether it's ram or any other component, if you know your mobo manual, you will first of all answer a lot of your own questions and secondly you'll get a whole new set of questions and you'll have the knowledge to know what to ask, and how to use the help you'll get!

....like the BIOS questions - how do I flash my BIOS - for the particular questioned mainboard I know the answer was READ THE MANUAL

TranceBear said:
What's the pencil trick?

I know the conductive paint trick - I learnt that trick instead of the pencil one - after paying £7.99 for a 5ml bottle from Maplins in MK over a year ago I'll continue to use it for ever and a day at this rate !

"RTFM!!!" has been THE standard pat answer, at least for the 20+ years I've been in DP.

What does it stand for? Why, "read the manual," of course. :D

It works for software as well as hardware. :eek:

This is one of the things I love about Texas! God bless Texas, when you're in Texas folks just say what they mean. By golly when you're in Texas, you know where you're at! I love that country!

Most questions i ask usually can't be answeared by anyone cuz it takes so complex knowledge and the axact same config as i have to answear witch unfortunatley results in me not asking too many questions.

SBeaver said:
Most questions i ask usually can't be answeared by anyone cuz it takes so complex knowledge and the axact same config as i have to answear witch unfortunatley results in me not asking too many questions.

Please don't mistake my meaning! I don't want to discourage anyone from posting questions- I'm only saying if folks know their mobo manual they'll get a lot from it.

I think a lot of questions you have regarding your particular config. may be pertinent to other configs as well. But because configs are so unique, all the more reason to know and understand your mobo manual.

Please don't hesitate to ask, everyone here has been stumped at one time or another. There are a lot of people here with the complex knowledge you mentioned, not that I do but still this is the place to find help.

Taylor said:
This is one of the things I love about Texas! God bless Texas, when you're in Texas folks just say what they mean. By golly when you're in Texas, you know where you're at! I love that country!

Why do I feel like I've just been slammed? ;)

... and yes, we are a foreign country. It's just a matter of time before passports will be required. :D

Loud said:

Why do I feel like I've just been slammed?

No slam intended, but I can see how it may look like I was being sarcastic. Not so. I lived there from '64-'70. I really do love Texas, and one of the reasons is that in my experience with texans, y'all will just come out and say what you mean, no need to spare the crop!

Back