• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chipset HS removel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grande Juan

I have an ASUS P4B, that I want to stick a fan on the chipset HS. The problem I'm having is first I want to remove the HS, so I can lap it and lovingly massage some ASII on it. However I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove it. It looks simple and I'm sure it can be done. There's two small metal rods about 1.5" in length they appear to apply spring tension to the HS and hold it in place. The only way I can see to remove them is to unbend the hooks on the end. Sorry I can't attach a pic, any help much appreciated.:confused: Onward thru the fog: Powerhitter 74'

youll have to unmount the mobo and on the back where the heatsink is you should see 2 little tabs liek this \ / squeeze it together with needlenose pliers and push out...

Darn, I was afraid of that, oh well while I'm got the mobo out, I think I'll get swap this sunflower for a swiftech, like I should have done in the first place. What can I say it was cheap and easy? Thanks funnyperson, oh by the way when I get done with this native villan, about 5 more hours, I will have finaly got by you. Fold on bro, and thanks again.

muahahhha...youll never catche me....im on my 91st frame of GNRA hairpin.....in an hour or ytwo ill be ahead of you enough that you wont catch me...of course...im fighting a losing battle seeing as you have almostmore than twice my mhz.....(of course since the P4s IPC is lower you have maybe 1.4-1.5 times the power i do)....but dont worry....once my exams are over ill catch back up when i get my celly tualatin and clock it up to 1.5....:)....fold on bro....

Back