• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax 512 MB module??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
OK, so I am going to be building an AMD system in about 6 weeks or so but figured I better snag the memory before prices rise even more. I have decided on Kingmax PC2700 DDR 5ns RAM. Yes, I have read the thread concerning some sticks not being "real" 5ns so I will check as soon as I get it.

I would like to get 512 MB of RAM (for Win XP), and I plan to get a SiS745 mobo so I should hit 166 FSB. I know OC'ing is more successful with one stick of RAM than two especially with low CAS &Turbo settings, so I'd like to get 1x512 rather than 2x256. (Or should I not be concerned?) My question is has anyone seen 512MB modules of Kingmax?

Thanks!

er, maybe not...

Well, scanning the Kingmax website page for DIMMs I see that there are no 512 MB modules. Should I even be concerned about the overclocking of having two DIMMs? And would 512 vs 256 make a difference for WinXP?

Also one odd thing I noticed on the above page is that despite these modules being touted as "DDR333" or what have you, they are actually listed as 300 MHz modules...none of them say 333! odd indeed. Who though, when overclocking, ever worries about the specs! :D :D

Peace

I am using 2x256 kingmax 2700 at 173mhz with win xp rock solid.

If you want 2700 in 512 try corsair or mushkin.

Last edited:
WOW!

well, that is quite the FSB you got there! did you have to up the voltage for your RAM? and did you have to back the RAM settings off or are you at full-on CAS2, 4-bank, 1T command, etc?

wow, isn't 2.8V like, high voltage for RAM?

I personally dont mind overvolting a CPU as it's lifetime would be so short anyway, but when I buy quality RAM I expect it to last through maybe 2 systems...ayway, whatever floats your boat.

No 2.8v is not much. 2.7-2.8 is the max considered safe I also have heat spreaders and a fan blowing on the memory even thou I probably don't need it.

Back