• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q Deluxe + Q6600 OC'ing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xan2

Hi guys,
First of all i am trying to overclock My Q6600 on ASUS P5Q Deluxe with the latest BIOS installed... I am using 2x 1GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 Ram...

I am not on stock cooler, i have a decent gigabyte with heatpipes that works way better than the stock i had... anyways...
My goal is to get set it from 7 to 9 at 400FSB @ DDR 400 (1:1), i would also like to stay at stock voltages...
I just bought this quad used from a guy so i don't know what's happened to him but this cpu dosn't seems to work stable @ 400FSB...

I had previously my E6300 @ 2.8@400FSB stable with only little overvolts...
Now i tryed my Q6600 @ 2.8@400 w/ stock volts.... it boots windows fine.. can prime it with prime95 no prob but when i try super pi it keeps getting an error...
NOT EQUAL IN ROUND ... or ... NOT CONVERGENT... i can even bootup windows with the quad at 3.6@400@stock volt without problems but when i try super pi ... it never works... i tryed to lower ram timings, upper ram volt, NB & SB volts... ect i did many things without luck!

I don't think my cpu have any kind of problems because it boot in windows @ 3.6 and i am now running @ 3.0Ghz, [email protected] as i am writing this... and it is prime95 stable and run fast in super pi... but i might be wrong ... i also think it could be my ram? i never oc'ed my system before yesterday... so it as not rushed that much in its whole life...

Anyway would like to know if some ppls here had the same problem having a P5Q Deluxe and a Q6600 Stepping B1 to reach 400FSB stable...?

Thanks in advance and sorry my english, i know it's hard to understand but you to know that i am a frenchie :)

You're going to need at least 1.35 to get 9x400 stable. My G0 (1.2375 VID) took 1.325 to even think about 9x400, and 1.35 to settle in. Was just too hot at that voltage/speed in my mATX (I have the -EM version of your board) ... but yeah getting 9x400 shouldnt be any kid of problem.

You're going to need at least 1.35 to get 9x400 stable. My G0 (1.2375 VID) took 1.325 to even think about 9x400, and 1.35 to settle in. Was just too hot at that voltage/speed in my mATX (I have the -EM version of your board) ... but yeah getting 9x400 shouldn't be any kid of problem.

I just tried 1.35v and it post, however when i start real temp in windows.. everything freeze? any idea?

Have you changed the timing on the ram? I've heard that Corsair XMS2's are bad for OC'ing as they don't respond well to timing changes. :/

Back