• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Increase NB Voltages? P5k Deluxe Wifi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asusrocks

Registered
Hey all, I recently overclocked my FSB to achieve a divider of 1:1 ratio with the ram. FSB Stock is 333 ...Overclocked to 400. Lowered the CPU Multiplier and have a slight Memory overclock over 1:1 @ 960mhz. I figure the closer it is to 1:1 the better anyways. My question is , weither i need to increase the voltages on the NB and by how much to maintain stability @ 400, or if I should increase voltages at all??

Hey all, I recently overclocked my FSB to achieve a divider of 1:1 ratio with the ram. FSB Stock is 333 ...Overclocked to 400. Lowered the CPU Multiplier and have a slight Memory overclock over 1:1 @ 960mhz. I figure the closer it is to 1:1 the better anyways. My question is , weither i need to increase the voltages on the NB and by how much to maintain stability @ 400, or if I should increase voltages at all??

If your RAM is running 1:1 with your FSB, and your FSB is 400MHz, your RAM should be running 800MHz effective. To test for stability, run Prime95 Small FFT or Orthos Small FFT. It focuses mainly on your CPU (rather then a blend of your RAM and CPU).

If your RAM is running 1:1 with your FSB, and your FSB is 400MHz, your RAM should be running 800MHz effective. To test for stability, run Prime95 Small FFT or Orthos Small FFT. It focuses mainly on your CPU (rather then a blend of your RAM and CPU).

You Misunderstood me, My CPU is 7.5 Multi becuz im maintaining my 3.0 Ghz without overclocking (Not until I get my CPU Cooler in anyway) , But i guess what i was asking is, Is there a way to test NB Stability? I have it @ 400mhz now, and there is NB Voltage settings, so i figure mabe its a NB Overclock that would need more voltages. (Keep in mind, my cpu is still running stock speed @ 7.5 Multi rather then 9.0)

You Misunderstood me, My CPU is 7.5 Multi becuz im maintaining my 3.0 Ghz without overclocking (Not until I get my CPU Cooler in anyway) , But i guess what i was asking is, Is there a way to test NB Stability? I have it @ 400mhz now, and there is NB Voltage settings, so i figure mabe its a NB Overclock that would need more voltages. (Keep in mind, my cpu is still running stock speed @ 7.5 Multi rather then 9.0)

Oh, I gotcha now. Run the Blend option in Prime95.

Ok cool, ill go for it , i never tried prime 95 before but ill give it a shot.

Back