• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Intel board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

My dad is having me make a list of computer parts for a new build.

He will probably be going with the Q6600. though, he may choose a faster one, but either way, it will be a Quad core CPU.

Also, he already owns a Geforce 260, and he's going to be using that. he does NOT want to go ATI. and he WON'T. so please, no suggestions for crossfire motherboards.

So basically, whats a good choice for a motherboard? Looking for something that overclock decently. Doesn't have to be a massive overclocker, but it would be nice if it had some decent options.

The type of ram it uses makes no difference. If he can continue to use his DDR2, then thats great, but if he needs to upgrade to DDR3, then thats no big deal.

and if possible, i'm trying not having him spend more than $200 on a motherboard. This build will have a decent budget, but I also don't want to wipe my dad's bank account clean.

nVidia cards work in crossfire boards, just not in SLI. I hear the nVidia chip sets don't overclock too well either but I don't know about the newer ones.

nVidia cards work in crossfire boards, just not in SLI. I hear the nVidia chip sets don't overclock too well either but I don't know about the newer ones.

heh, sorry for not mentioning it in my original post, but my dad wants to go SLI sometime in the future. And from what i heard, they still overclock just fine, its just that the intel chipset motherboards overclock better. But my dad isn't a huge overclocker. he will try get a bit more out of the CPU, but he isn't going to be running benchmarks, nor is he running SETI or folding at home. so a massive amount of overclocking isn't needed, but just enough to get a decen O/C.

Then you don't have that many options 750i/780i/790i I'd go with either Asus or EVGA and your budget of $200 might not be enough for the better boards.

Back