• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P45T-A crashes on 2 sticks of ram (both tested indiv.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sleepybp

I have an ECS P45T-A with E8400 and 4GB GSKILL kit (2x2gb) 5-5-5-15 @ 2.9V, Have a 600w enermax p/s should be fine on just my 7800gtx.All settings are default I'm not looking to overclock.I run vista 64 sp1 home premium.If I try to run system with both sticks of ram in it will randomly freeze up in vista after a short period ranging from no boot to windows at all or 10 min after running. I have tested running with 1 stick of ram at a time and both sticks work 100% stable for weeks if used separately. Is it safe to say this is a motherboard issue? I have tried all combinations of the 4 memory slots, same thing happens ( 2 sticks crash, 1 stick stable for ever). Please give me some good advice on what to do from here, I just paid hundreds of bucks to upgrade to vista 64 so I could finally use my 4gb:(. Thanks,

Brian

Hmm still looking for ideas

Thanks for the quick reply guys. The windows update patch said it did not apply to my system probably cause im already updated to most current. I'm going to look at those motherboard drivers and see if they are actually newer and if so give em a shot.

Back