• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Axe 2 EIST problem (maybe?) Please Help =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TT10313

Doing some basic overclocking for the first time, i've read plenty, and i have a comfortable grasp on it.

My system:

Vista64Ultimate
E7300 Core2duo @ 10x300(currently, hopefully this thread can get me more.)
4g Cruical Ballistix 800 4-4-4-12 (2x2g)
Bad Axe 2 (B975xBX2) <-- bios 2838 <--(frustrating)

Simple overclock so far, Turned off C1E and Watchdog in config Bios.
Stock Vcore @ 300x10. Memory at a 1:1 divider;so even pushing it to 333 will not even be close to its standard speed;. I want to push it to 333x10 as i beleive it can do this easily.

Problem is, When i turn off EIST, it locks the CPU multiplyer to 6 Strangely enough. So currently, i have EIST left on which leaves me at 300x10 at all times. This is very confusing to me. Next problem. CPU Vcore is set to Default(1.325) seems a bit high for stock on a 45nm chip but thats another story. Whats Very frustrating to me, is that when i Change the Vcore from default to ANYTHING, even 1.325 ....(same as default setting?? ) it locks my multiplyer back down to 6(thats with my current OC, not pushing the FSB to my desired 333.. one step at a time here) EIST on with a higher Vcore also locks the Multiplyer to 6. so the only time i have a solid 10x multiplyer is when EIST is on and VCore is Default.

I've been looking for info on this and i cannot find anything, sounds like most people disable Watchdog,C1e and EIST and overclock fine.

Is the most recent Bios Bad? Is there something i am missing?

Please help, even if i do not end up OCing this chip higher i want to learn why EIST is acting so weird on this board.

Any help would be greatly Apreciated, any suggestions, if you think its something completly different(i am new at this) let me know. i'm pulling hair out here. ='(

BadAxe2 always had that thing with EIST, if vcore was set to anyting else than default then EIST would be disabled, but it would default to the standard multi, not the lowest possible. Could be you are experiencing a 45nm-specific bug on the bx2.

Just wondring if there is anyway to default my Multi to 10 that you know of.
i did get this board for free so i cant complain at all, but i read of alot of people getting fine overclocks out of it with the same Processor

Unusual at the very least. Either your BIOS
or motherboard is broken. I would go to MB
Forum and see if anyone else is seeing similar
indications and has a solution or work-around.

Back