• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TFawks

Registered
I have a laptop that exudes rediculous amounts of heat. Like, I put the thing on my bare lap for 2 Hours and it basically looked like a sunburn. Does anyone have some tips for cooling the thing? I've tried those fans that go under laptops, and all it did was eat my cruddy battery, and move the heat around under the laptop.

I'm thinking Water Cooling of some form, but that would void my warantee. Any tips?

you might wanna move this into the water or air cooling sections to get more replies.

watercooling would be interesting if you up for making your own blocks and everything but it wouldnt be much of a laptop any more if its got a nice big rad on it.

easiest thing to do it try and clean it out, there coul dbe dust in there which would effect it a lot. I would do this first.

yea try cleaning it out but if you never move it around and you want to watercool it then i would get a gpu waterblock since the barbs are sideways....

but you will have to make your own bracket which shouldnt be to hard to make with a dremel and a sheet of steel or aluminum...

Back