• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA X58 Motherboard is in the Works - don't get set on other offerings just yet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AuDioFreaK39

Registered
EVGA X58 Motherboard Confirmed - don't get set on other offerings just yet!

I've known this for quite some time now, and I just didn't know if it was still under NDA or not, but - EVGA will be releasing an X58 motherboard that will *hopefully* release at the launch of Nehalem. I've talked to a few people at EVGA about this, and they are very hush hush about timeframes but they did say there is an EVGA X58 platform in the works.

Absolute confirmation can be found in NVIDIA's latest press release:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1224586792565.html

“EVGA is continuing its tradition of bringing true enthusiast platforms to the market following the success with NVIDIA nForce-based SLI motherboards supporting Intel CPUs,” said Joe Darwin, Director of Technical Marketing at EVGA. “By licensing NVIDIA SLI technology, the EVGA X58 motherboard will deliver the ultimate 2-way and 3-way SLI platform to, once again, meet the enthusiast’s demand.”

Hardware Akutell - EVGA is Working on X58 Mainboard (Translated)

With that said, don't get your eyes set on the ASUS P6T or Gigabyte EX58 offerings because, as stated from my sources, "they will suck compared to this monster!"

In addition, here is a blog entry written by Theo Valich from Wordpress describing the situation:

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: EVGA to launch Intel X58 motherboards

http://theovalich.wordpress.com/2008...-motherboards/

When it comes to add-in board vendors, EVGA is probably the most faithful company in the business. Ever since the company launched, Nvidia was the only name EVGA wanted to hear about. But, things are about to change.
Here are the facts:
1) EVGA does not want to miss the Core i7 train
2) Nvidia is not making a chipset for Intel Core i7
3) EVGA poached excellent engineering team from now-defunct EPoX and does not want that team to do nothing until MCP8-series show up
Well, those facts end with a really simple result. EVGA is preparing to launch its first non-Nvidia based motherboard, but it will still have Nvidia chips on it. You’ve guessed it right - X58+nForce 200 bridges for full Triple-SLI capability.
The motherboard is being designed by ex-EPoX engineering team, bringing plentiful of overclocking capabilities, Digital PWM, and fully solid-state caps across the board. Special attention is being given to providing top juice to graphics cards, so if you decide to go for the gold and grab 3-SLI setup with three water-cooled GTX270 boards, be our guest.
But, that is not all. This is the first motherboard, which will be followed by ultimate motherboard for this Christmas, no questions asked. The enthusiast motherboard is actually being designed by a world class overclocker. Yes, the one and only Peter Tan a.k.a. Shamino, who is making “Shamino special”.

For those unaware – Brian Flood from Mushkin, Shamino, Kinc and I share a special connection. According to German police, we all had the honor of dying and resurrecting. Last year, we were all pronounced “missing presumably dead” when some east-German thieves stole helluwa stuff from our brand new VW Passat Variant, en route to the airport. Well, VW is one car I will *never* buy. Piece of alarm-unsecured junk.
Getting back to the subject, EVGA is bringing several things to high-end X58 market that nobody has. First of all, the company will offer limited lifetime warranty (just as with all of their high-end products) and yes, 90-day Step up program.
If that is not making ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and other motherboard makers sweat, we don’t know what will. Lifetime warranty on a motherboard? Free upgrade program? Bloody hell, I am buying that one.

P.S. I'd also like to note that this will be EVGA's first Intel chipset board.

Last edited:
I'd expect this board to really shine, time will tell ofcourse. :beer:

Last edited:
But you can run SLI in any X58 board :confused: This thing had better be the best overclocking board out there or else it won't stand a chance.

layout...:)

Attachments

• evgax58layout.JPG
    evgax58layout.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 632
Pic posted:

Image is from post #80 at http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=598872&mpage=3&key=

EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard Features:

* Supports Intel Core i7 Processors
* Intel X58/ICH10R Chipset
* EVGA VDroop Control
* 100% Solid State Capicators
* 6 DIMM triple-channel DDR3
* Enthusiast layout supporting 2-way, 3-way SLI and CrossFireX
* 10 SATA II 3.0GB/s ports (1 e-SATA)
* EVGA E-LEET Turning Utility

Matt, I don't think that is the one the OP is talking about. Your pic shows a conventional VRM as opposed to an integrated LC bank (no inductor coils or 'lytic caps).

hmmm...ok, I guess I grabbed the wrong pic in haste :bang head. Sorry everyone.

How many X58 boards is eVGA working on?

I'm guessing the pic shows the standard version that will be released first, and the version w/ the integrated LC bank will be the FTW version released by the end of the year.

The picture posted is probably an early mock up of the board, plus with some photoshop work. It just doesn't look natural, there is a lot of misaligned angles, and different amounts of exposure on the different parts. I hope they change the colors - green and black plus white and blue don't look that good next to each other.

what do you think the chances of 775 brackets/waterblocks being able to be mounted on this?
the spacing looks the same but its hard to tell

what do you think the chances of 775 brackets/waterblocks being able to be mounted on this?
the spacing looks the same but its hard to tell

Outlook not so good...

02521697.jpg

There may be adapters though.

I'm glad to hear that they are going to be offering an X58 m/b. More competition is a good thing.

Back