• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Slots 1,3 vs 2,4 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mojo1011

I was wondering if the DIMM slots actually make a difference? im currently using slots 1,3 on my rampage, however i cant use my dominator memory fan because my arctic freezer pro 7 comes too close to to my memory, my fix would be to move my ram into slots 2,4. so are there any advantages of using 1,3 vs 2,4 and if the dominator ram cooler really needed?

yes, there is something about even numbers that has been good luck for me. Slots 2 & 4 is ok as I use these slots to allow for more room of the cpu cooler in my rig. As far as the memory fan goes, I glued (3) 40x40x10mm fans together side by side then used electrical tape to combine power wires together and then put the fans on top of the memory, plugged it in and my ghetto memory cooler was in place. I used rubber bands to hold the fans to the memory heat spreaders. It works great !

Thx. i'll give 2,4 a try, and finally install my ram cooler.

Last edited:
Back