• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawn-Inc

what do you guys think of the board for a med to heavy gaming rig with no to little overclocking going on?

any problems with it?

this is the entire system i plan to build for a friend.

Intel 8400
Corsair TX Series TX750W
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX (2x 2gb)
Sapphire HD 4870 512mb Gddr5
Asus P5Q socket 775
Seagate 7200.11 750GB
LG G-H20L-S10
NZXT Alpha Classic Series

thanks!

I have the P5QL Pro and love it. it's almost dirt cheap but works great (P43 is cheaper than P45... *shrug*)

I have not been disappointed with an Asus mobo yet *knocks on wood*

Just today i switched from a P5Q to a P5Q deluxe, do yourself a favor and stay away from the P5Q vanilla. The 24pin location alone is enough to shun you.

I have the P5Q-E, and I haven't had a single problem with it so far. I wouldn't worry about the Deluxe unless you want to do some heavy overclocking because it has a 16-phase VRM design.

Hey Spawn, I moved this over to the Intel socket 775 forum for you, since this is more about a mobo selection than a cpu selection. :)

And as far as the subject at hand, I've been pleased so far with my P5Q Pro board running a Q6600. I haven't tried any extreme fsb overclocking with it but it's great running my Q6600 at 400 X 9.

I would agree on the P5Q series boards as well. With the P5Q vanilla board being the low budget one, all the others seem to have a good following. Owners of these are really happy with them ;)

Hey Spawn, I moved this over to the Intel socket 775 forum for you, since this is more about a mobo selection than a cpu selection. :)

And as far as the subject at hand, I've been pleased so far with my P5Q Pro board running a Q6600. I haven't tried any extreme fsb overclocking with it but it's great running my Q6600 at 400 X 9.

thanks, i forgot it went to the sockets as well.

and thanks to all for the comments. i guess thats a giant yes. i would go with the pro or deluxe but i'm already 200 over his budget. plus i he won't be doing crossfire or ocing it much.

can't wait for saturday when i get to see this ithng in action!

Just today i switched from a P5Q to a P5Q deluxe, do yourself a favor and stay away from the P5Q vanilla. The 24pin location alone is enough to shun you.

The Deluxe seems well built.

It has a much stronger NB/SB heatsink/pipe array...

16-phase power stabilization is nice, though for ordinary users it's overkill.

2 integrated NICs for those who need it.

I'd read gripes written by some people on newegg, but after one initial hiccup mine's settled down nicely.

well i decided with the Asus P5Q-E since its only 20 more and has crossfire options.

Back