• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Extreme question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan112

I want to buy a new motherboard, CPU and RAM.
And I decided to go with the Asus Rampage Extreme and the E8600 Duo Core with OCZ 4 GB DDR3-2000 Kit (OCZ3P20004GK, Platinum Edition) memory.

At the moment I have a Asus Arctic Square CPU cooler.
My question is; Will my CPU cooler fit on the Asus Rampage Extreme?

I'm worried because I see the cooling of the Asus Rampage Extreme are pretty big because I won't be using water cooling.

I can fit my TRU 120-extreme with a push/pull fan setup without any problem. there is the least bit of contact between the NBHS and the "pull" fan. I don't think you'll have a problem.

I've read several things about the Extremes compatibility issues with OCZ's platinum memory. Do you have a friend that can lend you a stick of DDR3 if you too have compatibility issues? I think it was on several of the posts on newegg's product.

Hmm, don't know anyone with DDR3 memory at the moment.
Do you have some links for me?

I can't find a link =/ but my friend has this board (as well as I) and he is using OCZ Platinum and he couldn't get it to work at first, but an updated BIOS fixed his issues. I lent him a stick of my Reaper to get it working.

Back